Friday, April 8, 2011

American Idol 10 - Rock 'n Roll!


And its yet another week of Idol! After the very sad elimination of Thia and Naima last week, something I forgot to blog about, we're left with 9 people and yes, ever since the Top 13 began, all who left have been women. So its either a conspiracy or who knows.

Tonight's theme is from the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame so if I have to guess the person to beat with this genre would be James. We'll see if this will hold up starting with Jacob.

Jacob Lusk - Man in The Mirror
Its good but like I said in the beginning I'm not a Jacob fan and he kind of contradicted himself with this one. He didn't want to sing 'Let's Get It On' because its suggestive and yet he thrusted his hips on stage like there's no tomorrow. It was good don't get me wrong but I like the others better. (8/10)

Haley Reinhart - Piece of My Heart
Haley went back to her growls which was too much I believe but she has her stride, she finally found her place in the competition and she's not letting that go. I still like last week much more than this one but this one's pretty good. (9/10)

Casey Abrams - Have You Ever Seen The Rain?
I'm torn with this one. Its more of I like it but then again I don't really because I felt nothing. Its a strange performance for me, kind of awkward unlike last week. Not my favorite out of the bunch. (8/10)

Lauren Alaina - (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman
Definitely a whole lot better than last week but I'm still not wowed. I remember watching season one on Youtube and I came across Kelly Clarkson slaying that song and Lauren didn't do that unfortunately. (9/10)

James Durbin - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
I love how he showcased his vulnerable side, his more emotional side but his voice was pretty weak with this performance. What brought this for me is I felt his emotions in this one, its really heartfelt but as far as his voice is concerned, its not in par with the other past performances. (8/10)

Scotty McCreery - That's All Right
The whole performance sounded more country than rock for me which is as always right up Scotty's alley. The thing that made me like this is his swagger, his charisma, his adorkable attitude while singing. So yeah, I liked it. (9/10)

Pia Toscano - River Deep, Mountain High
I am in awe. Not only did she did an up-tempo song, she slayed it. Really, really, really, reeeeeeeeeally good. (10/10)

Stefano Langone - When a Man Loves a Woman
The falsetto, not that good. As always Stefano gives a heartfelt performance but his voice is not that good compared to the others. His attitude up there makes it all up which makes me like him but if we're going on voice alone, I don't really like it. (8/10)

Paul McDonald - Folsom Prison Blues
Paul entertained me! OMG. He really did. The whole performance made me smile, dance along with him, cheer and all that. Loved it. (10/10)

So surprise, surprise my favorites of this night are Pia and Paul while James who I expected would rock out didn't do so which I felt fell short. The bottom I think would be Jacob, Stefano and Casey.

No comments:

Post a Comment