Saturday, April 2, 2011

American Idol - Top 11 Redux


And here we go again. Welcome Idol Fanatics for another round of American Idol. This time, we're left still with eleven as you all know, Casey Abrams was saved last week and now two people would have to go home. This is so exciting.

And with the music of Elton John as this week's theme, things could go in so many different directions. Let's get to it, shall we?

Scotty McCreery - "Country Comfort"
Scotty probably got a good break when Elton John decided to create this country song. He sang it very nicely, really sweet, but as always with Scotty doing yet another country song, this one didn't do him any justice as compared to last week. (7/10)

Naima Adedapo - "I'm Still Standing"
One thing's for sure. When it comes to Naima, you could always bet that she'll bring something different to the table and she did. She changed a song and made it her own, doing a reggae twist to it and I loved it. I loved how she can do her own take on the song and she's just original. That being said, I still think her voice is not the best though sadly. (7/10)

Paul McDonald - "Rocket Man"
And the rose-covered suit returns! I have been anti Paul's voice this past few weeks and I am so surprised that I liked this performance. There's always something about Paul that makes you listen and makes you go, 'aww' and this is one of those performances. I liked it. (8/10)

Pia Toscano - "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me"
I just love how Pia slams down Randy for criticizing her about her always singing ballads. And major lols to Steven for doing the same. Hands down, Pia owns all ballads for sure. This is the same as well. Really controlled voice, really smooth, really good. I like it. (9/10)

Stefano Langone - "Tiny Dancer"
And Stefano finally connects! And he's adorkable, its cute. The guy has overtaken Paul and probably Casey when it comes to charisma because he can definitely charm the audience. His voice, still not that great especially during the high parts but its just lovable that you can't blame him for those mistakes. (8/10)

Lauren Alaina - "Candle in the Wind"
And Lauren goes slow. Its different, its definitely a way to show the public that she can sing but I didn't like it unfortunately. It came across as boring, really not her and I don't know, its not her best to say the least. (7/10)

James Durbin - "Saturday's Night Alright for Fighting"
Like seriously, the entire time, I thought I was watching a rock and roll show. Really good show for James. His voice stayed in the right tone for me and he knows how to rock out there. There's no shock factor whatsover and its good to see him having fun up there and doing his thing. (10/10)

Thia Megia - "Daniel"
Very emotional and once again, her voice is controlled, not once did her voice croak which is good. The thing about Thia is that she has this voice that is really smooth, really controlled that you wouldn't think that she's an amateur in singing. I liked it. Plus, the shout out to her "kuya" was cute. (9/10)

Casey Abrams - "Your Song"
OMGz. Is this for real? A subdued and calm Casey? Casey singing while he's seated? No growls, no special effects, no lighting? THIS IS SO GOOD. Honestly, I'm glad that Casey switched it up and showed something different and it worked out so well for him. Love it. (10/10)

Jacob Lusk - "Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word"
The only good thing about this performance is the end. I love, love, love this song and I think Jacob didn't do it enough justice. He just went with his theatrics and all that and it just doesn't work that way. I've never been a fan of Jacob for the past few weeks and like I said, the only saving grace for this was his last note. Other than that, its just meh. (8/10)

Haley Reinhart - "Bennie and the Jets"
Finally! I love Haley! One of her best performances to date and one of the best for the night. She really brought it tonight and this is the way to end a good show. Really nice vocals, really sexy and she proved that she deserves to be there. (10/10)

And what a good show this was. I had a lot of favorites with Casey, Haley and James. If I'm going by my opinions, my bottom three would be Scotty, Naima and Lauren. Unfortunately, the only probable one in that three is Naima. With two people going home, who knows what might happen, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment