Friday, April 29, 2011

American Idol 10 - We Have Rules Buddy


This week, our idols will bring to us songs from the legendary Carole King. Hm. Personally, I don't know Carole King and I don't know any of her songs or maybe I do, I just don't know that it was written by her. Anyway, its going to be interesting that's for sure.

And an interesting note to point out that all of the contestants will sing a solo and a duet. How fun! Let's just hope that all works out well shall we?

***** READ MORE AFTER THE JUMP *****


Jacob Lusk - "Oh No Not My Baby"
Shake your tail feather! I've been saying the past several weeks that I am not a fan of Jacob at all. Like there's nothing in his voice that I like. It was good to see him actually have fun up on stage and not be all serious and preachy but its still a no for me. I didn't like the entire thing. There were times that he sounded good but then he goes up again and it all comes tumbling down. Not liking it at all. (6/10)

Lauren Alaina - "Where You Lead"
Now this is a song I know. See? I just had this feeling that there are songs written by Carole that I didn't know it was written by her. Anyway, this was a fun song, definitely better than what I heard last week and way better than the other performances. The most note worthy moment is with this guy she pulled out from the audience.


I was like, aww, they're so sweet because I thought that this guy is her boyfriends. Turns out, its just random guy! Or at least that's what I got from the exchange with Ryan. But they look so cute together. Anyway, this is the longest review I ever done since I did like the entire performance so good for Lauren. (9/10)

Haley & Casey - "I Feel the Earth Move"
This is the first duet of the evening and it was so so. Haley singing the solo parts was good, pair that up with Casey that's when the mess begins. Their voices just don't mesh well together when they should since they have this jazzy type of voice but once again, Casey has the thought that growling was sexy and good to listen to when in reality it was not. Bad performance overall.

Scotty McCreery - "You've Got a Friend"
I think Scotty got the best advice when he was told to keep away from the low register, the signature Scotty voice that he does week after week and he sounded great doing a normal thing. After for so long, I had faith in Scotty back....for a while. Then he went back to his old self and it just got more and more boring for me. I love how he showed his vulnerability in his voice though. (8/10)

James Durbin - "Will You Love Me Tomorrow"
I'm torn with the entire performance. There were moments wherein I would go, wow and then there were moments that I would cringe. Its like always up, down with James. The entire studio went wild after the performance but for me, it wasn't that good at all. Pity. (8/10)

Lauren & Scotty - "Up on the Roof"
The two country voices partner up and you would just know that they would so good together. After all, this is their third/fourth time singing a duet together. But this was just so yawn. It was sweet, it was nice but it was just a bore.

Casey Abrams - "Hi-De-Ho"
Was he singing? I don't know, it sounded like preaching. I got the whole church vibe thing like the one in gospel preaching, that sort of thing. I didn't like this. I used to like Casey, I really do but for the past two weeks or so, it was just blech. So disappointing. (7/10)

Haley Reinhart - "Beautiful"
You know, I would thought that this would be the perfect genre for Haley because she had the type of voice that will sing well in these types of songs but I don't know maybe its the technical difficulty or something but the first part was all over the place for me. She got it back in the middle all the way to the end but I was left a bit disappointed and wanting more with this one. (8/10)

James & Jacob - "I'm Into Something Good"
Who knew that the rocker and the gospel singer would sing well together? I sure didn't but this was just amazing. They were having fun on stage and it was the weirdest coupling ever but they made it work. Out of all the performances of the night, this was the best by far.

So another week of performances down, who shall go? I think its between Casey, Jacob and Scotty. Haley and Lauren are my favorites so far and James is on a different league for sure. So those three I have pegged.

No comments:

Post a Comment