Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Glee - Born This Way


I know most of you, seeing as I am myself, was pretty much excited with this week's Glee episode. I mean, this is one of the more hyped up episode since the season began and with it being 30 minutes longer than it usually is, I think it pretty delivered.


See? Even the fabulous Quinn Fabray was in shock to hear that this episode was good. Anyway, the episode began with so much fun but nobody manages to beat the goddess that is Santana. First, she slams everybody's looks in less than 10 minutes.

***** EPISODE SUMMARY AFTER THE JUMP *****



"I'm sure Sam's been seeing a doctor everyday for lip reduction."
And then she comes up with a plan to get herself elected as Prom Queen just so she could have Brittany all to herself. She did so by pulling Karofsky in and exposing what he really is. Gay, gay, gay, gay, gay.

"And you know what? I accept that about you."
Perfect. I can't get enough of her one-liners and scenes. But its not about Santana all episode round. Oh no. Almost everybody has a part in this episode, the most notable is Kurt coming back to McKinley High.


Can Kurt get anymore loud and proud? I don't think so. Though that jacket looks good. It will be interesting to see in the next few episodes if Karofsky will stay true to his word of not bullying Kurt. The guy has had enough bullying. And let me just say that The Warblers'....okay, Blaine's performance of Somewhere Only We Know was really touching.

"I will never say goodbye to you."
Though I'm partially happy that we won't be seeing The Warblers anytime soon and that any performance of Blaine will be just Blaine and not The Warblers who posed as backup singers to Blaine. Yeah.

Another notion to point out is Quinn-Rachel storyline. Rachel broke her nose thanks to Finn's dancing so she had the option of getting a nose job, something that Quinn recommends because it would make her look pretty and all that. Or she could be just playing for Rachel's vote. I'll go with the latter.


Geez, with a look like that, I myself would consider having something done to my face. That looks painful. But surprise, surprise, the twist of this whole storyline? Lauren finds out that Quinn has a secret past. A past known as Lucy Fabray. Or as her old classmates used to call her, Lucy Caboosey.


First of all, I don't get the Caboosey joke so if anybody could enlighten me, that would be great! So there you go. Quinn Fabray, or should we say, Lucy Q. Fabray was once geeky, fat, with glasses and pimples. She's also a redhead. Who knew? At least we got something out of Quinn. She's one of my favorite characters on the show so its nice to see more of her character.

And finally, the last storyline notable in this episode is Emma's OCD. This has been going on since the very first season but I think they finally made some progress with this one.

"You spent 48 minutes of them disinfecting the chair."
But the thing is, I don't think I would like a normal Emma. An OCD Emma is what makes Emma, Emma. I know that its a good notion to point out to people that having an OCD is not something you should be proud of since it is curable and it is a mental illness but I don't know. I might not like Emma if she gets rid of her OCD-ness. I mean, who wipes every piece of their grape before eating it huh?

So that's that! Glee finally delivered a strong episode, something that I am happy about and makes me want more. MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment