Saturday, March 19, 2011

American Idol - Fergie Gets Transformed!


Its the Results Show once again which means one person may be going home, that is, if the Judges' Save is used then we won't see anybody go. But knowing that this is first and foremost a show that is calling for ratings, I just know they won't use the save. I just know it.

On the performance night, the Top 12 performed a song that was released on the year they were born. If you're following this blog then you'll know who I liked and who I don't like. Idol as always calls for the help of everybody as Ryan announces the number to text to donate 10USD to Red Cross for help in Japan. If you want to help, you could always donate to the Red Cross.

On with the show then! We have two guest performances as well this episode just as last week coming from last year's winner Lee and the BEP. Hrm. More on that later because the Top 12 will be performing. Yipee!



Its a medley of songs with some of the contestant's microphone disappearing while they were singing particularly Jacob and Casey, some of them got drowned off by the loud music but all in all it was a good performance for them. Stefano and Casey being in the audience was really cool. And oh, who could forget this gem:



Casey touching a girl and the girl goes wild. Or she's grossed out by being touched by Casey, I don't know. Haha. It was a quick, subtle move by Casey which is just adorbs. ^.^

The first guest to perform this night is last year's winner Lee.


I didn't watch last season and I don't know who he is that much since I don't really have a favorite for last season and this is why. It was just okay, nothing spectacular and you have winners like Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood in the mix, Lee is just average. Heck, even Fantasia delivered a more entertaining number than Lee did.

And then comes the Black Eyed Peas. First thing I noticed is they have a new female lead. I mean, who the heck is this girl?


Oh you mean that's Fergie? Really? Fergie? NO WAY! That's her? WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!? That is so not her. You're kidding me. There is no way she's that girl. I mean, I still can't get over this transformation. And yes, this performance was pre-taped since the judges weren't there.

Anyway, we get our Bottom Three.

Somebody's in troooooouble
Karen Rodriguez, Naima Adedapo and Haley Reinhart. Naima and Haley were off from the last performance while Karen redeemed herself. As much as I wanted a different Bottom Three, this is a pretty standard one. After all, Karen and Haley were in the Bottom Three as well last week so this does not come as much of a surprise.

Guess who's in the Bottom Two.


Nope, not Naima of course. How predictable is this show? Its Karen and Haley.


Must suck for Haley because its her second time in a row to be in the Bottom Two.

And no, she's not in danger of going home, its Karen.

Singing for her life
Karen sings Hero which is way, way better than her last two performances, kind of like her Top 24 performance. But I don't think she's getting saved though, I mean, its only the Top 12, the judges are not going to waste the save this early.

And yes, I am right, she's not saved and in the process, breaks Jennifer's heart once again.


I have this feeling Jennifer's not cut out for this type of show. Last week, she was heartbroken as well for losing Ashton. Or is it just me? Lol. But I still love her and Steven. Steven by the way is in full form this episode as he pulls punchline after punchline. Got to love him.

And so we say goodbye to Karen Rodriguez. Too bad, her singing in Spanish is something new and different in Idol and its a shame that she goes home.

And yes, before I close this, the Ford Music Video made me laugh because of Stefano's adorableness.



Its a commercial that Haley and Stefano met up again and they have this long hug and you just know that they're going to kiss. But nope, Stefano hugs her again and this time he buries his face on her shoulder like so cute. ^.^

Gelo, out! (How weird Ryan stopped saying this catchphrase)

No comments:

Post a Comment