Friday, March 18, 2011

American Idol - Top 12 Performance


Its that time of the week again wherein we all sit down and listen and cringe and applaud singer hopefuls as they vie to become the next American Idol. This week's theme would be songs from the year they were born which means baby pictures! How many can you guess as to who's who below:












  
Aren't they adorable? Anyway, the show promises some great performances and yeah, there were some that were good but I'm still left wanting more. Unfortunately, not everybody was good. On with the show then.

Naima Adedapo - "What's Love Got To Do With It"
Naima started out pitchy but got it together by the chorus. I still liked her performance last week since last week showed who she was, which is an entertainer. She doesn't have the best vocals and I seriously doubt that she would win but she can entertain for sure. (6/10)

Paul McDonald - "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues"
Ah Paul. The entire performance was just a big no for me. What got this performance going is his charm and his uncanny ability to wow people with his antics. For me, he's not the best vocalist but he's one of the best performers just because he can still pull something like that off. (3/10)

Thia Megia - "Colors of the Wind"
I love this song when Vanessa sang it for Pocahontas. For Thia, this was a solid performance, really smooth and after two meh performances, I think she really brought who she is here which is a balladeer. I do wish she'd do some up-tempo beat but not like the one she did with Smile last week. (8/10)

James Durbin - "I'll Be There For You"
If you know me, you'd know that I don't like those screechy performances which is like a staple for James. This time, his performance was on his key, it was really good. He only screamed once the entire song and I think that made this number really, really good. One of my favorites for the night. (9/10)

Haley Reinhart - "I'm Your Baby Tonight"
I don't get Haley. She has a good voice but the way she uses it, its just wrong. This song was just wrong for her in all levels, it sounded like she's trying way too hard and JLo pointed it out again just like last week. This is not good. (4/10)

Stefano Langone - "If You Don't Know Me By Now"
I'm a Stefano fan. There, I said it. He kind of reminds me of Elliott Yamin in season 5. Stefano comes off as this goofy, fun kid who has some good voice but not the best and you can't help but like him. This performance was one of them. It was good, it had passion, it was not his best but still pretty good. (8/10)

Pia Toscano - "Where Do Broken Hearts Go"
This is not one of her best performances after two straight knock-outs but still there's no denying the beauty of her voice. I think that the song was not that fit for her but she managed to pull it off and deliver something powerful. (7/10)

Scotty McCreery - "Can I Trust You With My Heart"
And yet another country song from Scotty. Like, really? Okay, there's no denying that he has a good voice, and his voice is suited for country but it gets so repetitive and its like, I don't feel like there's any range to his voice. Yeah, the last note was good but that's it. I just wish he'll do something more different. (8/10)

Karen Rodriguez - "Love Will Lead You Back"
I'm sorry but WTF is she wearing? She looks like one of those robot stewardess. Anyway, this is a whole lot better than last week's performance but Karen't not shining. She's playing it safe and if I have to go through my head about the performances, this is one of those that I will forget easily. I still love the Spanish singing though. (7/10)

Casey Abrams - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
Definitely something different which Casey always does every single week but the way he sang the song, it just didn't work out so well for me. The growls and the screeching was just way too over the top and it got to a point wherein it was just off. (6/10)

Lauren Alaina - "I'm The Only One"
Lauren has the colds and it clearly showed in her entire performance, you could just hear parts wherein her voice croaked but she still managed to pull this one off. She really pushed it through and I applaud her for that. Singing sick is not one of the easiest things to do I tell you that. (8/10)

Jacob Lusk - "Alone"
This is the way you end a show? Ugh. I am not a Jacob fan and this performance just showed clearly why. This is just wrong, oh so wrong. It was all over the place, I think it was just screechy as always, his voice didn't suit the song, it was just no. (3/10)

So that's that. Surprisingly, James is my favorite performance of the night while Jacob and Paul were my least favorite. But seeing that Jacob and Paul are somehow a crowd favorite, they won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Who will go? Find out soon!

1 comment:

  1. Saw this sa commercial, sayang di ko napanood hmp! Haha

    ReplyDelete