Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Glee - Original Songs


After episode after episode of boring proportions, I daresay so myself, GLEE IS BACK PEOPLE. Seriously. At first, I was kind of iffy about it since it started with the Warbler's singing something again.


Which is fine since Darren (Blaine) is a terrific singer, I love his voice. But this show is about the New Directions, not about them, so why do they get the opening number? But then, this happened:

Rachel Berry, yes, she's an only child.
Which just had me laughing all throughout. The original songs in this episode was just pure comedy the entire time. From Trouty Mouth (2 guesses who's this about) to Hell to the No, I was just entertained the entire show which is saying a lot since the past few episodes have been meh.

This episode also showed us several things. One, Quinn is now back as the HBIC. She was up and down the entire episode, from being so into being prom queen and then regained the hold back when she revealed why she's doing all of this, which is she's accepted the fact that she's not going to be anything more and that Rachel at least has a career after this is all over.

Sad, but the truth hurt sometimes and it does make a lot of sense.

And we are treated to another on-screen gay kiss. Yay.



I kind of expected that it would happen sooner or later but then it happened all of a sudden since a couple of episodes back, Blaine wanted to take things slow with Kurt and now he's suddenly in love with him. Good for them and I am happy, at least it would pull Kurt out of his misery state so claps to them. And kudos to the show for showing this. Really passionate kiss by the way.

And then there's Regionals. Yay. I'm going to skip Oral Intensity and go straight to the Warblers.

Oh wait. Before that, let me first show you the confrontation between Quinn and Rachel regarding Finn. Of all people. Ugh. But this is just a dramatic scene that I can't help but feel sorry for the both of them.





Again, this had to happen or Rachel is going to keep on writing about her headband or her being an only child. So now on to Regionals. The Warblers sang "Candles" and "Raise Your Glass". The second one being a whole lot better than the first one. I never really liked Kurt's solos sans a selected few and this one not being one of those selected few. But Raise Your Glass was really good.





Again, Blaine's voice is just awesome. Got to love his voice. And then we have New Directions wherein they sang their original songs, "Get It Right" and "Loser Like Me". Two of the best songs I've heard on the show primarily because it is new and definitely good to listen to.

Plus, I kind of can relate to Get It Right so major, major props to them.




 




I just have to love the Slushie at the end. Really fit for the entire song.

And yes, they won.


They're not going to let them lose for another season and repeat the entire process again next season. Lol. No, they have to make it to Nationals and off they go.

So that's it. The entire episode was fun because of the original songs. I think it brought a lot of flavor into it and I hope they continue doing so. But they shouldn't forget about the other songs which they can still rock.

Before I go, a major shout out to two of the Regionals judges.



Former exotic dancer. Haha.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm so not Gleek anymore! Hay wala na un supplier ko ng episodes hehe. Rachel's crying expression always amaze me haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, watch it again, super fun 'tong episode na 'to.

    ReplyDelete