Saturday, March 12, 2011

Glee - S02E15


Ah yes, the second season of Glee showcased some pretty good talents and looked pretty promising. Now, Glee seemed off, like it has its good points but then it has its bad points that it quickly cancels out everything. Don't get me wrong, I still love the show but there are times wherein I just want to turn it off. Or in this case, close the window.


The best part of this episode is Gwyneth Paltrow replaying her role as Holly Holliday. She's this quirky, fun, totally in your face substitute teacher that has a lot of things going on. And for a guest star, she totally took the entire episode and made it about her which is one of my complaints. She's a guest star, don't let the episode run around her and then make her leave at the end of it. At least make her stay for at least two more episodes or so. But I still love her. I love how she makes the character fun and exciting and all that.

The episode revolved around being Sexy and in the simpler terms, it revolved around sex. Will talked about it the entire time, Holly talked about it as well which we got this hilarious scene:

This is a condom.
Totally gets me everytime. Mercedes and Finn thinking that cucumbers can cause you HIV. Lol. The other good part of this episode is Kurt trying to act sexy.


Which is a big deal because I rarely like Kurt. And then he goes and contradicts himself an episode or two ago. When Burt tries to talk to him about sex and the birds and the bees, he doesn't like it. But before, he goes crazy on his dad for being unaware and that he hopes that Burt should be more aware so that he can talk to him whenever. And now he doesn't even want to talk about it? WTF. But I like Burt. I think the actor is really good.

And finally, we get to the creme dela creme of the episode which is Afternoon Delight. Words cannot explain it so well so I decided to post pictures.










The clothes just got me laughing. Rachel, despite her not being around much the entire episode was just perfect. Her facial expressions got me laughing all throughout. Puck too. And I love, love, love Emma the entire episode and this one just takes the cake. Her not knowing what the song really meant was just too much. Lol so much.

And oh, giving out my eternal love to Santana. The whole lesbian thing was a little uncomfortable for me since Brittany is this sweet, innocent girl that doesn't really get what Santana is feeling but super mad props for Santana (Naya Rivera) for pulling off the scene where she expresses her love for Brittany and Brittany breaks her heart.


I felt for her. Though I don't like where this storyline is heading.

I won't talk about the bad parts (Will singing falsetto basically ruining Kiss, Sue not being her glorious self and the inconsistencies of the entire episode in relation to the season). I just hope Glee kicks it back into high gear next time or I would seriously be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment